Monday, July 14, 2014

Diabetes Warrior Part 8

Another Intense Exercise Diabetes & Potato Starch Experiment



If you do not know about “Potato Starch”… please read this first. “My Experiment or N=1” and also this post, “Potato Starch Q&A“.
From this point forward I’ll assume that you have read those posts and know that ‘potato starch’… is not ‘starch’.
After having much success with potato starch including a previous experiment with Intense Exercise. I decided to go at it again to retest my previous experiment, If you did not read my previous post, check it out as well, (Click here).

Diabetes, Exercise Blood Sugar Introduction:

If I go for a walk, it typically reduces my blood sugar.
If I leisurely lift weights or weight resistance I may or may not receive a slight bump, but overall weight resistance is a major benefit to diabetics (to all) for a variety of reasons, not just blood sugar.
When I work out intensely, I will typically have a blood sugar spike. Now, I’m not talking 15 – 30 points, it’s not unusual for me to receive a 40-50 point spike. I don’t like it, but for me it’s not damning because I usually start out in 70′s to 80′s mg’dl range. Too the blood sugar rise is FAST and it usually goes down as fast. Similar to drinking or eating a low fat, high sugar meal. (I only eat those for experiments) :)

Latest Experiment

My breakfast today was ‘the usual’, I had two tablespoons of coconut oil and two tablespoons of ghee in two cups of coffee.
At 10:30 AM I tested my blood sugar. BAM! … 61 mg/dl Most ‘experts’ will tell you that 60 – 100 mg/dl is normal range. Below 60 is considered ‘hypoglyemic’. I personally love to be in the 60′s and 70′s.
Note: Prior to resistant starch I was typically in the 70′s and 80′s mg/dl overnight fasting blood sugar, now… I am LOVING this lower range. The key point for most other diabetics (and anyone with insulin resistance or elevated blood sugar)… since most do not maintain truly normal blood sugars, your improvement in blood sugars could be much better.
61 130
Next, I ate (2) Tablespoons of potato starch.
For the next 50 minutes I did 300 55 lb Kettle Bell Swings. I injured my shoulder in September 2013 and I am still rehabbing and getting back to the fitness level I was back then. Make no mistake, this was strenuous and intense for me.
Below is my 30 minute post work out reading … once again I was shocked. It’s nothing for me to be up 20 to 30 points after 30 minutes.
66 1230
Next is my one hour post workout blood sugar reading … 74!!! Are you kidding me???
But this is ‘only’ the one hour mark. What will the 2hr post workout number be??? … I wonder… :)
74 12
WOOO HOOOO!!! … would you just look at the 2 hr post workout number????
BEAUTIFUL BABY!!!!! … and I am a formerly drug AND insulin dependent diabetic. Who is now drug and insulin FREE!!!
61 1030

Summation:

I am SO EXCITED!!! Are you kidding me!!! To start mid morning with a 61 … only rise to 74 and then finish up with a 61 mg/dl two hours later!!
How could I NOT be excited! … and so should you.
I’ve been taking (4) tablespoons of potato starch every day since 11/22/13. There was one day when I didn’t, I did a test with a potato…. I figured I had enough from the potato, I wrote a post about the “Big Ole Potato Test“.
Every single test of potato starch that I’ve done has been successful.
I am about to gear back up for more tests too… so stay tuned.
I’ve been asking this question a lot lately … having seen my results, if you are not using potato starch… why not?
If for no other reason, try it for it’s prebiotic properties, you can find it most places for less than $5 per lb.

Lastly, thanks again to Richard Nikoley at FreeTheAnimal.com for introducing me (and thousands more) to the benefits of Potato Starch/Resistant Starch.

2 comments:

  1. Dude! Thanks for sharing my posts Tim. We need to talk the first of November if you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starting Your Juice Fast
    Natural Weight Loss
    The first thing you need for a juice fast is a willingness to make a dynamic change. The next thing is, well, juice. We can’t use a blender for this because it leaves the pulp in juice. And as much as we love a smoothie and the benefits of fiber, it’s not part of the Alpha Reset. We’re giving your digestive tract a break. So you need a juicer that squeezes the live juice out of the vegetables and discards the pulp. How do you know which juicer to buy? There are many models on the market and they range in price from $50 for a juicer that will likely burn out in a month to over $1,000 for the really high-end models. But we recommend a juicer somewhere in the middle. Ready to begin?
    Starting Your Juice Fast
    Natural Weight Loss
    Natural Weight Loss | Dick and Lenay

    ReplyDelete